5 Easy Proven Ways to Relax Your Mind and Muscles
Having trouble sleeping? If so, you are not alone. Stress, money problems, relationship issues or health complaints keep many people up at night. What you need is a way to relax your body and mind to get the rest you need stay fit, healthy and live a happy life.
Here are 5 relaxation techniques to help you get what you need:
- Chiropractic Treatment: Chiropractic care provides a natural and safe spinal adjustment technique to bring your body back into harmony with itself. Options like Spinal Decompression Therapy, Laser Therapy, and Soft Tissue Therapy help heal musculoskeletal pains. Using these methods help you ensure overall body health and wellness.
- Massage: Massage greatly helps reduce stress and pain. Various massage techniques can help improve the quality of your life by reducing or eliminating problems like: digestive disorders, fibromyalgia, joint pain, headaches, and insomnia. Some of the more common massage techniques include myofascial release, compression massage, and kneading.
- Meditation: Meditation helps calm the mind which in turn calms the body. When you meditate your goal is to actively bring your thoughts into focus on a single point pushing all other thoughts out of your mind. It takes practice, but by achieving this level of focus you will be able to relax your body and mind. Meditation can also promote emotional health, control anxiety, increase your attention span, alleviate pain, and improve sleep.
- Deep Breathing: Deep breathing is a great relaxation technique for mind and body and is a good technique to use with meditation. Deep, controlled breathing can reduce stress and tension. Although controversial, some people have been able to control high blood pressure, anxiety and consciously reduce their heart rate.
- Aromatherapy: Your olfactory sense (ie. your nose) is one of the most strongest triggers for emotion, well being and memory. Various smells can trigger peaceful or not so peaceful feelings. It would be worth checking into what smells produce a calming feeling for you and using that together with the above relaxation techniques to help you feel better, healthier and calmer.
To Your Better Health
Becoming better at self control, more focused and more relaxed will let you achieve your goals. Let www.centralstreetchiropractic.com help you start down the road to self-reliance and control. Give us a call today to find out how.